Monday, April 13, 2009

What colors should I paint my headboard? I wanted to paint it on the wall..?

I just painted my walls...They are tan now.. My comforter is mostly brown with dark pink flowers with white in them..and it%26#039;s green on the sides..It%26#039;s one of those reversible kind.. On the other side it%26#039;s mostly tan with brown flowers on it.


I saw a few ideas on how to make a new headboard.. I liked the idea of painting it on the wall.. I%26#039;m on a budget...but if i found something else i liked...i would use it too.. So if you have any ideas..please let me know!

What colors should I paint my headboard? I wanted to paint it on the wall..?
There are a couple things you can do. If you want to paint it onto the wall then make sure you get painting tape that you can apply to the walls and then paint your headboard, then when you peel the tape off you have nice straight lines that won%26#039;t peel the paint. You can also you stencils to give you some cool designs.


You can also make your own headboard for pretty inexpensive with a piece of cork board. You can find fabric that you really like and use a staple gun to adhere it to your head board then secure it to the wall. A couple other ideas....people have used a section of picket fence, cut the size of your bed as a head board. You can also get a screen, the kind that people use in their house to help divide up one large room. It can be painted or used as is and are cheaper then regular head boards. It%26#039;s whatever you want to do. Some people use cork board and then attach pics of their friends, special sayings and poems to it, etc. It%26#039;s whatever is special and means something to you that you enjoy.
Reply:Using painters tape, what about a plaid or stripe pattern with green, dark green and pink...another thought, what about using white pickets like a picket fence?



computer

No comments:

Post a Comment